- Scroll Benchmark Test
- Mouse Benchmark Test
- Animation Test
- The Result
- Based on previous experience, we divided the scene backgrounds into a grid of tiles. (http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=108563)
- We throttled the scroll event to 20fps, this is a good performance / look trade-off.
- There are some problems with .offset() in FF, we will create a more elegant solution than what you see in there now.
- Animated elements currently come in and stay in, we can make them go back out pretty easily, but any gains in terms of performance are totally cool, dudes.
- Given more time, we can really dial this thing in.